Q1 2021 Northeast Florida Real Estate Quick Facts
Here are some quick facts about Northeast Florida's first quarter:
- New listings in Northeast Florida dropped 10.3% to just over one month of inventory. Many sellers who were planning on putting their home on the market became discouraged at their options for a new home, so they decided to delay listing their existing home.
- While new construction sales are up, so are the costs for building. The huge increase in cost and shortages of building supplies lead to a backlog in the supply chain. Some builders are dramatically limiting the number of contracts for new construction homes so they can keep up with the projects already under construction.
- Pending sales were up 24% this quarter.
- Median sales prices continue to rise and are up 12.7% from last year.
- Days on the market continue to drop, down 30%, to just 49 days between listing and closing.
- Multiple offers are still very common with some homes selling for dramatically higher prices than the original list price.
To continue reading this article, please visit our blog.