Steve held positions in sales, marketing and executive management with Hercules Incorporated located in Wilmington, Delaware, and National Starch and Chemical Company in Bridgewater, New Jersey from 1967 to 2003. Prior to entering the corporate world, he received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Colgate University and a commission in the US Navy, spending three years in the Pacific arena. His business experience includes international assignments in the United Kingdom and Europe. Along with his wife, Steve retired to Lewes, Delaware in 2003 and received his Delaware Real Estate license in 2005. He joined Jack Lingo REALTOR, Sussex County’s largest independent real estate agency shortly thereafter and has been meeting clients’ needs for over eleven years. In each of the past nine years through 2018, Steve was named a Five Star Real Estate Agent in Delaware Today magazine based on client satisfaction scores for customer service, communication, finding the right home, integrity, negotiations, marketing the home, market knowledge, closing preparation, and overall satisfaction. He is also a past winner of the TOP SALES honors award at Jack Lingo REALTOR.
· We recently had the opportunity to work with one of your agents, Steve Sumption. We had been looking in the area for a time, but were unable to locate any properties that fit our needs. When we called your agency we spoke to Steve,
and he discussed our needs at length. We went to your Lewes Delaware office to
meet with Steve, and he presented us with a great list of homes and an area map
to locate them. Steve did an outstanding job understanding our needs. His
professionalism in handling our search was remarkable. In our opinion, Steve is
an outstanding asset to your company, and we would highly recommend both him and your agency. Michael and Sandy
· Steve, we can not thank you enough for your [patience] last night, so sorry it was a waste, we were very upset about the houses, but you made us feel a little better before we left, thanks again, its great working with you on this. Norman and Chicki
· Hi Steve, just to let you know we are all moved in, such a great place, have some more things to do, but it’s getting there, thank you so much for your help and patience with us...Norm and Chicki
· As always, I appreciate your thoroughness and follow through. Joan
· Thank you for all your time and energy, you have gone above and beyond our expectations by getting the showings together so quickly and in an organized fashion. Sincerely, Suzanne …..
· I received a survey from Delaware Today rating my Realtor, mortgage company, etc. Needless to say, I gave you a glowing rating, one that was well deserved. We hope you have sold lots of properties since we saw you. Much good luck, Betsy …..
· Congratulations on being named one of Delaware's 5 Star Agents! Based on Crescendo's research methodology, it is quite obvious that you are well respected and trusted by your clients and others in the community. …..Delaware Today Magazine
· …Steve demonstrated such patience and understanding…If [he] is a typical example of the agents on your Jack Lingo Realtor staff, you are to be commended for your excellent ability to serve your community……Very truly yours, Gerry and Sharon
· By the way, we are really grateful for your expertise and the ease with which we have gone through this... you are a consummate professional and we are so happy that we connected with you!....Joe & Karin
Five Star Professional conducts market-specific research throughout the U.S. to identify service professionals who demonstrate professional excellence and provide quality services to their clients. The Five Star Real Estate Agent program is the largest and most widely published award program for real estate agents in North America, covering more than 40 major markets. Five Star award winners do not pay a fee to be included in the research or on the final list of award winners.
The Five Star Professional research team contacted thousands of recent homebuyers, consumers and industry leaders to identify Delaware-area real estate agents who stand out in their industry and community.
To learn more about the research methodology, click here.