- Five Star Real Estate Agent award winner 2014-2015, 2017-2018
Architectural Specialist -
- Since 2006, at the first U.S. brokerage to focus on homes of architectural pedigree and design integrity, Crosby Doe Associates
Extensive Relocation Experience
- First in New York City, where I practiced from 1996-2004, and then here in Southern California
Covering all of L.A. County
- For buyers seeking authentic and rare pieces of architectural significance. Core areas for general real estate practice are from Malibu to Mt. Washington, from approximately Slauson Avenue to the 101/134 freeways.
Commercial and Live-Work
- For those seeking unusual commercial or mixed-use properties of design excellence or historical significance.
Michael D. Phillips has a passion for excellence in design and architecture. At Crosby Doe Associates he seeks to provide service of the highest possible caliber and to showcase the best of Modernism — and of great design in every style — to a global market.
Originally from the metro Detroit area, he headed east for college and graduated Princeton University, receiving an AB in History with High Honors. There he focused his independent work on the history of architecture, town planning and urban design. Cities have always fascinated him and his clients find him always current on the patterns of redevelopment and change in the modern metropolis.
He has in-depth experience in selling and leasing single-family houses, income properties and condominium apartments. His first ten years in Real Estate sales with Brown Harris Stevens in Manhattan and then Coldwell Banker, by necessity involved dealing with lofts, co-ops and every other kind of multi-unit living.
After relocating to Los Angeles, he joined the firm in 2006. He has since represented sellers in the marketing of residences located from Malibu to Downtown, and from Burbank to Venice. Michael is also Crosby Doe Associates’ commercial specialist, working with clients who seek a superior caliber of commercial properties for lease, sale and live-work needs.
Among past listings are residences designed by: Frederick Fisher & Partners, John Lautner, Allyn Morris, Jerrold Lomax, Stephen Ehrlich & Don Hensman of Case-Study program firm Buff & Hensman. As is the tradition of the firm, America’s first to specialize in the marketing of great architecture, he goes wherever there are properties of distinction within Southern California. For buyers, his broad knowledge of diverse neighborhoods affords a comparative expertise rare in the local community.